Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

And So...

It's time to write in earnest.

Of course, as with any freshly conceived endeavor, a short introduction to this blog is in order. I’ve decided it’s time to stop moping around and start doing what’s necessary. At least, what I feel and think is necessary, and what is permissible resource-wise and in my current state of affairs. I have eyes, ears and adequate sensibilities – the basic elements for observation – at my disposal. It would be an utter shame not to convert it into productive creativity.

We always make promises, set objectives even to ourselves. For people who are susceptible to high levels of stress, I usually recommend setting short-term goals that can be easily achieved and measured. It keeps us sane and brings a feeling of accomplishment that surely offsets bouts of frustration. I for one would like to make this blog my daily thought exercise.

Everything will be a daily random. Commentaries involving politics, work, relationships, technology, literature (I am still contemplating whether to post occasional fiction), music, film, entertainment, anything and everything that is either imaginative or factual. Even the outright weird (but hopefully never nonsensical).

There’s this nagging feeling that somehow I need to do this. I can’t put my finger on it yet, although I hope that in the process it finds me, instead. You may ask what I intend to accomplish with this exercise. My already prepared reply: So far, none yet.▼

No comments:

Post a Comment